Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Can You Hear That? The Fat Lady is Singing

Well its over, I have completed my exam in eCommerce through Boston University and I am on the plane heading home. What follows are several random thoughts on the entire educational experience.

I am happy that I took the time and went to the expense to travel to Boston University. Even though it was only for a few days, I can say I attended BU. I am looking forward to returning to Boston in May with my wife Carla for graduation.

I plan to offer BU some ideas on how to improve their online educational experience. For example; they should sponsor visits to campus like what I just did. They could arrange accommodations; meal cards; visits to local attractions, and they could charge a fee to even make it profitable. BU needs to adjust their online course schedule slightly to take a few major holidays into account. Most notably would be Easter and Thanksgiving. Both of those holidays usually fall during a course and no allowance is made for family time.

I also plan on putting to use some of the management skills I have learned. I want to further develop our agencies website, possibly offering customers the chance to register as members. Members would be offered additional benefits such as a newsletter; access to coverage explanations, etc. I want to improve our customer service model and our marketing techniques. Its not that I want to be the biggest agency I town, I just want to be the best. When someone has an insurance need they come to me because we provide over-the-top service. I’ll keep you posted as to the progress we make.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy valium buy mexican valium online - valium side effects pregnancy

Anonymous said...

buy valium buy valium roche uk - took 6 valium